Enhancements in Version 2.17.01.029
Coming just 8 months after our release of Quality Essentials Suite v2.15.01.31, the enhancements in v2.17.01.029 are designed to provide greater efficiencies in the setup and execution of highly-repetitive tasks. The amount of detail that goes into managing quality data can be significant and, in this release, we have focused on finding opportunities to automate common processes and to provide quick links and field updates for procedural steps in the workflow. For example, the user can add new lot numbers, record testing data and generate a Certificate of Analysis without leaving the Results Entry form. Quality Essentials Suite is now easier to use and more accurate than ever before.
Generate Certificate of Analysis from within All-in-One Results Entry form
Several buttons have been added to the All-in-One Results Entry form to enable a user to add lot numbers to the lot tracking data and to generate a Certificate of Analysis, without changing forms.
- The Generate COA button provides a pop-up form where the user can provide the certificate details and then create the COA. The user can specify data such as the report template and layout selection, as well as customer-specific information.
- The Add Lot button provides a pop-up that allows the user to enter lot data, including expiration dates.
Copy result data that applies to more than one lot or serial number
In large production runs, the testing data from samples can apply to more than one lot or serial number. The Results Replication form has been upgraded to allow the user to copy results data from one-or-many documents, to generate results data for one-or-many additional item/lot/serial combinations.
Added new test data type for Base Data Calculations
When testing requires calculations on multiple data points, it can be more efficient if the software application can accept the data, store it, and generate the needed calculations. A test with a numeric data type can now be configured to accept an unlimited number of data values and to run a range of calculations. The available calculations are average, maximum, median, minimum, mode, standard deviation, and sum. Values can be entered as negative numbers.
Added Item Inspection Copy form
Inspection processes and tests for different items are frequently identical. In make-to-order environments, there is a need to create the item inspection relationship when new part numbers are generated. This new form allows the user to efficiently copy inspection set-up information from an existing item record to a new item record.
Expanded Criteria Tools to Include Multiple Values on System Lists
System Codes, such as those created for use as Test Results, can include multiple acceptable values and multiple unacceptable values. The Criteria Master Record functionality has been enhanced so that users can specify multiple values in a System Code list that will generate a pass-or-fail result when using a System List data type.
Generate Certificate of Analysis without a template
For some organizations, Certificates of Analysis do not require heavy customization for customer or internal needs. Therefore, there is no need to create multiple templates to support the generation of these reports. To improve efficiencies, it is now possible to generate a Certificate of Analysis without use of a template; all data corresponding to the testing item will be provided and the user can simply select, from a list, which data will be included on the report. By default, all data will be shown.
New Dashboard Creation tutorial
The in-system dashboard is one of the most attractive functions of our software. Users are eager to use the available charts to rapidly evaluate and analyze their data. The dashboard tutorial document is designed to help a user walk through the steps of creating a line graph and to gain an understanding of the dashboard’s user interface. The tutorial is based on sample data that is supplied with the trial software. A user who does not work with the sample data can step through the tutorial and use their own data to generate the line graph.
Form level changes and enhancements
- Multiple documents and their results can be copied to multiple lot numbers in one pass.
All-in-One Results Entry
- Add new lot numbers from pop-up form.
- Create the COA document directly using the Create COA pop-up.
- Refresh import data from source ERP or from Quality Essentials Suite with button selection.
- Enter multiple numeric data points and calculate result using Base Data functionality.
- Enter Comments for the Result Document Header.
- Create COA from workbench.
- Add new lot numbers form pop-up.
- Preview and Print workbench content.
- Add new field for base data minimum threshold.
Test Entry form
- Test method.
- Test conditions.
- Base data checkbox.
- Based data calculation type.
Criteria Entry form
- Add new tab for System List Defect evaluations process.
- Add new check box to use Eval system list.
- Add new lot and serial attribute tracking for manufactured date.
Sales Order Entry
- Add new fields to track full shipping address, customer PO and other data.
- Add new pivot table layout report to available report layouts.
- Populate COA header fields from Sales Order Data for customer PO, Shipping information etc.
- Add No Template checkbox for default COA data selection.
- Add new control checkbox to display dashboard at system launch.
Other enhancements and bug fixes are also included in the release. The above list is intended to highlight the most significant code enhancements and support early adoption of efficiency improvements. For clarification on any feature or function, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.